The May 2009 meeting was held at the Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, Montreal, PQ, Canada.
As of this meeting, the IEEE 802.11 membership consists of 236 voting members.
May 10th-15th  Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Montreal, PQ, Canada 115 Interim 802.11 WG, TGs, SGs, SC & AHC Combined Agenda includes all Objectives & the WG Graphic 11-09-0419r5
Official WG PAR Projects & Timescales
Hotel Booking, Session Registration & General Info
BallotsThese ballots were initiated since the prior meeting:
See letter ballots for details.
- Letter Ballot 144 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11p-D6.0. It closed March 31st, 2009.
It passed with 89% approval. (161 approve, 20 disapprove, 29 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 145 was a procedural letter ballot for 802.11s-D3.0. It closed April 3rd, 2009.
It passed with 97% approval. (166 approve, 6 disapprove, 24 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 146 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11v-D5.0. It closed April 4th, 2009.
It passed with 83% approval. (155 approve, 32 disapprove, 41 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 147 was a letter ballot for 802.11s-D3.0. It closed May 4th, 2009.
It passed with 79% approval. (132 approve, 36 disapprove, 34 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 148 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11u-D6.0. It closed April 24th, 2009.
It passed with 90% approval. (142 approve, 15 disapprove, 35 abstain)
These new ballots were approved from this meeting:
- 40 day letter ballot of 802.11mb-D1.0
- 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11u-D7.0
- 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11v-D6.0
- 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11z-D5.0
- 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11p-D7.0
Other WG activities:
- The Working Group approved the following output items:
- Liaison letter (doc 11-09-0645r1) to 3GPP CT1, SA2
- Upcoming Interim meeting locations were discussed:
September 20th-25th, 2009 Waikoloa, Big Island, HI, USA Hilton Waikoloa Village January 17th-22nd, 2010 Garden Grove, California, USA Hyatt Regency May 16th-21st, 2010 Beijing, PRC Shangri-La Beijing
Minutes & ReportsThe consolidated working group and task group minutes for this meeting are available here
The reports for the individual task groups are linked below:
Project 802.11m, Maintenance PAR Project 802.11n, High Throughput Project 802.11p, Wireless Access in the Vehicular Environment Project 802.11s, Mesh Networking Project 802.11u, Interworking With External Networks Project 802.11v, Wireless Network Management Project 802.11w, Protected Management Frames Project 802.11z, Direct Link Setup Project 802.11aa, Video Transport Streams Project 802.11ac, Very High Throughput <6GHz Project 802.11ad, Very High Throughput 60GHz
The reports for the individual standing committees are linked below:
WNG SC, Wireless LAN Next Generation Standing Committee ARC: Architecture Standing Committee
The reports for the individual study and ad hoc groups are linked below:
JTC1 AHC, JTC1 Ad Hoc Committee
The next meeting (#116) is at the Hyatt Regency, San Francisco, California, USA from July 12th-17th 2009.
See July 2009 meeting for details.
This page is maintained by Stephen McCann. Comments are welcome.
Copyright (c) , the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.